AutoSPY is a powerful and versatile tool for monitoring and diagnosing automated installations. The software consists of the analyser module, which can be freely extended by various device drivers for recording process data from different sources like PLCs, OPC servers or fieldbuses.
How can you benefit from AutoSPY?
- Detect rare, sporadic errors using long-term recordings and trigger mechanisms. Isolate their causes with help of search functions and powerful analysis scripts.
- Minimize traversing times of transport systems, adjust control loops and speed up commissionings by using measuring and analysis functions.
- Create or update printed plant documentation. Mark and comment relevant events or sequences in recorded signal traces.
- Simplify learning of PLC programming: Comprehensibly visualize even complex event sequences, test and validate your PLC applications.
How does AutoSPY work?
The tool is easy to learn, intuitive to use and efficient to apply. Handling AutoSPY requires only these few simple steps:
- Create a new, empty signal trace document. Existing documents can be used as templates to skip the second step.
- Insert one or more data sources depending on what you wish to monitor. It is possible to use multiple device drivers at a time.
- Edit the data source configuration: connection / communication parameters, signals to be recorded, trigger conditions, etc.
- Some device drivers require the hardware or software target to be prepared before recording in a specific manner.
- Start and stop the data recording manually or automatically by means of trigger conditions.
- Finally view, analyze, mark, print or export the recorded signal data.
Key features of the analyser at a glance
- records multiple data sources (e. g. PLCs) per document simultaneously
- displays signal data in individual graphical or tabular form, even while recording
- shows video signals as a line of thumbnails or in a video toolbox with playback capability
- can overlay signals in graph view for easier comparing different measured variables
- special hierarchical navigation bar for easy trace scrolling even in long recordings
- flags for marking and describing important process events in the trace
- cursors for measuring times and amplitudes, functions for time span dimensioning
- concatenated search conditions for finding particular states, edges or thresholds
- user-defined Visual Basic Scripts for running automated, complex data analyses
- comfortable printing function for generating documentation from signal traces
- import and export filters for exchanging data with other applications, e. g. MS Excel
- free standalone viewer software for viewing, marking and measuring AutoSPY traces
More than 400 small to large enterprises from highly diverse industries already make use of this tool. See here a shortened list of our customers. Got curious, too? Download and try the demo version to experience the intuitive working with AutoSPY!